App Not Opening on Android - Troubleshooting Guide
Everything about the opening of the Android App is configured via the following 3 components:
1. Branch link
2. App's Android Manifest file
3. App Link settings on Dashboard->Link settings->Android redirects
Step 1: Make sure you have followed our documentation to set up the Android SDK
a. Fill up the Android App's package name and URL on the Dashboard->Link settings->Android redirects.
b. Add Branch link in the Intent-Filter of the Launcher Activity.
(You can copy the exact same code and replace the xxxx with your Branch link domain. If you do not what your domain is, please refer to Step 2.)
Step 2: Branch link verification
Please make sure that the link you are testing with belongs to your app. This can easily be verified from the link domain that is present on your Dashboard-> Link settings->Link Domain. The Branch link domain resembles like "xxxx.app.link".
Step 3: Setup verification
Make sure that:
1. Package name on the Manifest file matches EXACTLY with what is configured on Link Settings.
2. There is an Activity with an intent filter having the scheme EXACTLY the as configured in the URI scheme section on Dashboard->Link Settings-Android->URI Scheme. This usually is your app's splash activity.
3. URI scheme host in manifest matches Branch link. Our docs recommend "host=open", but if you have $deeplink_path with something other than "open", then the link will fail to open the app.